ZIP-ZAP-ZUP: An easy exercise that can be done in all contexts. Often it gets to be more and more fun by being repeated many times so that you feel that you’re getting better and better. The purpose of the exercise is to wake up and to enhance concentration. Best suitable for groups of 5 – 12 persons. Time of this exercise is approximately 5 minutes.
– Wake up
– Enhance concentration
Approximately 5 minutes
Best suited for group size 5-12
1. Stand in a circle.
2. To send the first message, look someone in the eyes and clap in the direction of the person while saying “ZIP”.
3. The receiver passes on the message. This time he says “ZAP” instead.
4. The next person says “ZUP”, thus making it go: “ZIP-ZAP-ZUP”.
5. The pace is should be a high as possible.
1. Make sure there is eye contact when the message is sent off.
2. If you feel like it send more than one set of “ZIP-ZAP-ZUP”s around.
3. If desired, makes the sequence longer: “ZIP ZAP-ZUP-BINGO”.
Why use energizers in a meeting:
In an time with far too many boring and ineffective meetings where we spend endless hours glued to a chair, energizers and power mingling exercises are effective and diverse means to jumpstart energy and group dynamics. …
More info about energizers:
Bo Krüger, Moving Minds
The Danes excel in developing different and beneficial meeting design concepts that increase the outcome of the time and money spent when bringing people together. The unique Danish Meetovation meeting design concept makes conferences and meetings more efficient and responsible. It engages participants actively and offers a new, creative approach to far more flexible usage of meeting and conference facilities.
In 2003, they took a quantum-leap by introducing a new concept dubbed Meetovation. They basically decided to break with the old-fashioned and conventional ways of conducting meetings and conferences. Today, their ever evolving Meetovation meeting design concept shows how to create MINDblowing meetings and how Danes dare do things just a little bit differently..!