CANKARJEV DOM, Cultural and congress centre
- A venue ideal for large, medium-sized, as well as smaller meetings
- Location in the heart of Slovenia and its capital, Ljubljana
- 25 minutes to / from the airport
- Good accessibility, parking in immediate vicinity
- A variety of hotels, other accommodation options and city attractions – within easy reach on foot
- Flexible space: 22 multipurpose halls of various capacities and configurations (20–2000 seats)
- Modern design
- Vast exhibition area (up to 4,000 m. sq.)
- A very attractive location for social events
- Fully equipped
- Experienced, professional and friendly staff
- In-house PCO (also the only member of IAPCO in the country)
- Green approach
- A selection of catering partners
- Competitive prices
- An architectural gem by Prof. Edo Ravnikar, a student of the notable Slovenian master of architecture, Jože Plečnik, responsible for giving the city of Ljubljana its modern identity
- A synonym for cultural and humanistic (national importance) activities and meetings industry in Slovenia
- A diversity of spaces for different convention needs
- The only congress centre in Ljubljana with amphitheatre halls
- Stage and light equipment for most demanding theatre and music projects, that can be also used for conference opening ceremonies
- Environmentally friendly
- Urban beekeeping and production of honey – a delicacy and a highly desirable gift from boutique production by the CD team itself
TOP FIVE TIPS
- Find the right venue to suit the needs of the meetings / choose the venue that offers more than just meetings facilities to get those creative juices flowing
- Consider your location from the point of view of accessibility but do not overlook the micro-location and new attractions or hidden gems
- Ensure excellent quality of food and beverage – provide a memorable catering experience at all meeting events
- Creativity doesn’t need to be costly
- Be family- and spouse friendly
Q: What about safety issue?
Green, logistically manageable, picturesque, enchanting, and shaped like a hen, Slovenia is a safe country not merely in our experience but also by international standards. We are well aware that safety is an important factor in organising meetings. Having a safe congress or conference is a priority.
Q: What particularity is your added value?
The CD Congress Centre Ljubljana is a venue of national importance, co-habiting with the country’s main cultural centre under one roof. Excellent connections in the artistic sphere can contribute to unique events, complementing a meeting with culture. Be it something from our regular selection (exclusive, VIP, special treatment with ticket and seating area reservation, and catering) or tailored-made programme on request. Congress = art²
Q: Why would meetings planners choose you?
Because we can build a reliable, innovative and efficient partnership.