Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
Date: 29–31 October 2015
Location: CD Congress Centre Ljubljana
Organizer: Pristop d.o.o
Client: Autocommerce d.o.o.
Event type: Fashion show
For the first time ever, Slovenia and CD Congress Centre Ljubljana hosted the official Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ljubljana. Under the MBFW licence and in conjunction with local talents and partners, the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ljubljana promoted fashion creativity and fostered new creative solutions. The Fashion Week was a wonderful opportunity for local fashion designers to present their work to an international arena of fashion connoisseurs, publicists, commentators, stylists and clients. The foregrounded artists of the MBFWLJ were internationally renowned award-winning designers whose contribution greatly helped build up the European reputation of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ljubljana
Over one hundred artists, fashion designers, make-up artists, hair stylists, publicists, fashion critics, photographers and set designers helped create the four-day fashion spectacle that yielded impressive results, presenting new features in the development of the Mercedes-Benz brand and a range of valuable information for the development of this line of business. The creative team complemented the framework programme with lectures, exclusive multimedia installation, a round-table discussion with internationally distinguished designers, artists and fashion experts, and social programme.
The organisers used the CD Congress Centre – the venue – in a new way. Gallus Hall, its fixed auditorium and a stage in the size of 18 x 18 m, became a dashing black box environment for a modern artistic performance (fashion show) using the elements and technology installed in the hall. The models were lifted on the catwalk through holes in the floor. On each side of the catwalk special tribunes were constructed for the audience (regardless of the propositioned sitting possibilities in Gallus Hall), allowing an up-close and detailed view of the fashion show.
The execution was carefully planned with 2 days preparation time.
The official Mercedes-Benz representative in Slovenia, Autocommerce, can take credit for the resounding success of the event, which was commented by Autocommerce Marketing and PR Director, Metka Kejžar, “International award-winning designers, leading representatives of Mercedes-Benz, offered a supreme experience of the brand to fashion enthusiasts. What has been also especially rewarding is the successful partnership we have formed with project partners, including CD Congress Centre, Consultancy and Communications Company Pristop as well as Art and Creative Director of MBFWLJ, Sašo Radovič.”
Director General of CD, Uršula Cetinski, “We are delighted that Cankarjev dom, the central Slovenian cultural and congress centre, has been chosen as the venue and organiser of MBFWLJ. Together with our partners we have succeeded in creating an outstanding three-evening event that has exceeded all expectations.”
Hey! I am first heading line feel free to change me
How to put a successful practice of an internationally renowned event to a new destination (Slovenia) and make it successful in every aspect.
- In MBFW participated more than a hundred artists, fashion designers, makeup artists, hairdressers, publicists, fashion critics, photographers and set designers.
- The MBFW had 1,500 visitors (the event was sold out).
- More than ten renowned Slovenian brands were presented on this feast of fashion, design and beauty.
- The prestigious award Mercedes-Benz Fashion Award in the amount of € 1,000.00 was awarded to the creator with the greatest originality, integration ideas with the guidelines and useful value.
The event had huge coverage due to its attractiveness and resembling success. Pristop is one of the most extinguished PR agencies and articles were publish in every printed and on-line media. Communication included also direct marketing and addressing of the field audience.
After Event: Sustainable solution
CD Congress Centre Ljubljana is committed to green, sustainability and social responsibility. With this event they used:
- Waste Diversion: in an effort to reduce waste sent to landfill they strongly encouraged clients and service providers by assessing the recyclability / re-usability of materials brought into the facility.
- Energy Conservation: In an effort to minimize the environmental impact of operations and to conserve energy, they have implemented an energy conservation program at their facility. During move-in and move-out, the clients may experienced procedures such as dimmed lighting, slow air conditioning and adjusted temperature controls.
- Self-service water stations were provided, using coolers and biodegradable cups.
- The most environmentally friendly MB new vehicles were put on display during the show.