Ambassador Awards Evening ceremonial presentation, a part of the Prague Convention Bureau’s Ambassador Program, took place on the premises of the Residence of the Mayor of Prague on 13th April. The event was held with the support of the City of Prague, represented by the Mayor – Mrs. Adriana Krnáčová. The gala evening was moderated by Veronika Paroulková.
Prague Convention Bureau has been awarding Congress Ambassadors with the greatest credit for the development of congress tourism in Prague in the previous year since 2010. The aim of the event is to award renowned Czech scientists, top experts, professors, and doctors who represent the Czech Republic in international professional associations, actively lobby in favor of Prague and then participate in the preparatory work of scientific, program or organizing committees of international congresses held in Prague. The awards are also handed out in the “Corporate Event of the Year” category. For 2016, following Ambassadors were awarded:
- in the “Congress of The Year 2016” category: MUDr. Jiří Kubeš, Ph.D. and Mgr. Vladimír Vondráček, for the 55th Annual Conference of the Particle Therapy Co-Operative Group (PTCOG 55)
- in the “Congress of the Year 2016 – Less than 500 Attendants” category: MUDr. Jiří Froněk, Ph.D., FRCS, for the 51st Congress of the European Society of Surgical Research;
- in the “Candidacy of the Year 2016” category: Ing. Libor Přeučil, CSc., for the International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2021 (IROS);
- in the “Corporate Event of the Year 2016” category: Swiss Pharma Internal Meeting;
- in the “Long-Term Contribution to Congress Tourism” category: prof. MUDr. Karel Cvachovec, CSc., MBA – Head of Anaesthesiology and Resuscitation Clinic at 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University and Motol University Hospital;
- Special prize of the Prague Congress Centre: Ing. Karla Šlechtová, Ministry of Regional Development, for the UN Regional Conference European Habitat.
“Convention industry is an increasingly important sector of Prague’s economy, this fact being confirmed by the statistics of the Czech Statistical Office, which, last year, recorded the largest number of conferences in the capital over the past decade. In total, there were 4,426 conventions in Prague. I would like to thank all the congress ambassadors, who participated in the process of acquiring the events for Prague, for this achievement,” said Roman Muška, Managing Director at Prague Convention Bureau.
An independent Committee, composed of key tourism, academic as well as public sector representatives, decided about the winners in each category. The invitation to the committee was accepted by: doc. Ing. Monika Palatková, Ph.D., General Manager at CzechTourism; PhDr. Nora Dolanská, MBA, General Director at Prague City Tourism; Ing. Marta Nováková, President at Czech Confederation of Commerce and Tourism; prof. RNDr. Václav Pačes, DrSc., scientist, educator and biochemist; and prof. MUDr. Tomáš Zima, DrSc., MBA, Rector of the Charles University in Prague.
About Prague Convention Bureau
Prague Convention Bureau (PCB) is a non-profit organization established in 2008. The company acts as an official representative of the Prague congress tourism and promotes the city as a one
of the European leading congress destinations. Together with Czech tourism bodies, partners and members the PCB offers effective assistance in organizing conferences, meetings, seminars, exhibitions and incentive events in Prague.
About Ambassador Program
Ambassador Awards Evening is a part of the Prague Convention Bureau’s Ambassador Program – strategic program focused on a promotion of Congress Ambassadors – local representatives of international professional associations in Prague and the Czech Republic. Among others, the program offers many educational and social events to support Congress Ambassadors in their effort to bring international conferences in the destination.