Environmentally friendly activities at Maritim Hotels Germany are helping to turn mealtimes into motorways. Germany’s largest owner managed hotel group has a long established sustainability policy including strict waste separation, compulsory in all Maritim hotels.
Around 4,000 tons of waste is generated each year across the group. These recyclables are almost completely returned to the economic cycle, creating new energy, fuel or fertiliser from waste – broken crockery, for example, is re-used in road construction.
Maritim Hotels, which has 33 properties across Germany, has the perfect package for planners keen to go green. The ‘Green Meeting’ package (from 55 € onwards per person) available at flagship hotels across the country incorporates sustainable elements such as fair trade food, regional produce and recycled meeting materials.
Maritim Green Meeting package:
- Room hire and set-up costs
- Re-useable writing pads with FSC-certified paper and biodegradable pens
- Data projector, screen, flipchart and pin board in the conference room
- A “sweet surprise ” from fair trade sources for each participant (UTZ-certified)
- Fair trade coffee, tea, and healthy seasonal snacks such as fruit supplied by regional farmers
- Three-course lunches and buffets with freshly-harvested natural ingredients sourced locally
- Fair trade coffee, tea and traditional baked goods using regional ingredients