Our aim has been to create a hashtag as #MeetInIstanbul so as to provide the congress delegates a social platform on Twitter where they can share their experiences about Istanbul and the congresses that they participated.
– Meanwhile gaining new followers to our social media channels to create a broader digital platform,
– Increase the number of engagements on social channels to promote the activities managed by Istanbul CVB.
- Low usage of Twitter between middle-aged congress delegates.
- Limiting the hashtag to a pre-defined group of users.
- Time limit since the campaign was only for 3 months-period.
- Finding the right keywords for the search results
- Spent a limited budget for Twitter advertising
- Reaching the young generation in meeting industry that uses social media much more intensively
- Giving a weekend-stay in Istanbul for 3 participants as a reward
- A desk opening to promote our campaign at 3 different international congresses that held in Istanbul
We achieved to gain a great number of engagements and participation during the campaign. Moreover, our members have praised our campaign.
Our campaign reached a number of approx. 114k engagements and around 3.63m views in 3 months. We have gained around 2.5k new followers with this campaign.
Raised Istanbul’s business profile on social media
3 lucky followers have been chosen around the world for the reward.