TOP TALK WITH MIRO HRIBAR, CEO
Q: In your opinion, what sets Intours DMC apart?
Successful implementation of programs in the Adriatic Region requires a number of factors. Initially, listening to the requirements and interests of incentive and event planners, which enables the design of truly unique client experiences. Creativity and flexibility are key, requiring us to find out of the box solutions to meet the needs of clients.
A key part of that creativity comes with the support of our extensive network of professional and trusted suppliers, whose ears are constantly on the ground. With their help and intimate local knowledge of the terrain, we are able to guarantee clients outstanding service and attention to detail. This combination of destination expertise, flexibility and outstanding customer service enables our clients to meet their business goals and return time and again to Intours DMC.
Q: What activities do you undertake to bring the Adriatic region closer to international event planners?
Intours DMC invests a lot in promoting the region to incentive and conference planners around the world. We have our representatives in several countries, who help share our destination knowledge and best case examples with event professionals in Austria, Belgium, Brazil, France, Germany, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States. In addition to presenting our destinations at sales calls, workshops, trade shows and in digital media, we also organize a number of educational trips throughout the year, so that planners can get first-hand experience of Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro.
Q: What are you the most proud of?
Without a doubt, the long-term partnership with Tomaž Krušič for over 20 years, without any problems whatsoever in all that time, and later on with Ante Lacman, who is heading our offices in Croatia. That, as well as being able to build a respectable and successful company based on our extensive knowledge and years of experience.
I am also proud of the feeling of respect and appreciation from my colleagues, not due to my position, but rather my knowledge, experience and good working relationships. And of course I am extremely proud of our highly experienced and professional event planners, who are a team of highly talented individuals, whose skills and commitment make the company much richer and more diverse.
Q: What are your aspirations?
We would like to see our company grow steadily over the next few years. We are looking forward to new challenges by accepting larger-scale and more demanding projects. If we can successfully challenge ourselves to deliver bigger and better programs, the benefits will be felt by our clients. We also want to continue to build and cement great relationships among colleagues in our offices, with our representatives, suppliers and partners, and of course our clients.
MEET THE INTOURS DMC TEAM
Multilingual event managers with different talents and skills make up the Intours DMC Team. Here you can get to know some of our colleagues a bit better.
With 18 years’ experience in event management and public relations, Jana Pungersek joined Intours DMC in the beginning of 2011. As a Senior Project Manager she is responsible for the overall organization of meetings, incentives and events in Slovenia, especially for French speaking groups. With excellent communication skills in six languages, Jana has a sharp mind in meetings and events, understanding the complex nature of it all.
- Most proud of: The trust that she was able to gain through the years from the clients, which has led to many successful events.
- Favorite activity or special venue: Winter incentives and gala events.
With a wealth of event management experiences, Bernarda shares her destination expertise with mostly German speaking incentive and event planners interested in Croatia. As a Senior Project Manager, Bernarda drives and delivers projects from conception and design to implementation. She consistently manages client expectations, schedules and budgets, all with a great attention to detail.
- Most proud of: In addition to taking pride of already realized events, she is also proud of the numerous new projects that lie ahead, especially with some of our long-term clients.
- Favourite activity or special venue: As specialists in our own destinations, Intours DMC is always looking to enhance our programs with new details and exciting moments. Special venues Bernarda like to propose are for example a dinner in an abandoned village, or inside the ruins of a former monastery, as well as many of the palaces and fortresses, which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
As a Project Manager at Intours DMC, Jan is responsible for the complete production of meetings and incentives – from the initial offer until the completion of the program. By feeling passion for highly demanding programs, Jan searches and qualifies new venues, activities and restaurants, thinks of out of the box solutions to create outstanding proposals. Since 2012 he has been working on his PhD, researching the fields of destination marketing, business travel, new media and ROI.
- Most proud of: Returning clients. They are the proof of work well done.
- Favourite activity or special venue: The Secret Ljubljana program, exploring the hidden corners of the Slovenian capital and meeting charismatic locals, which we designed at Intours DMC.
In the role of Senior Project Manager, Pero designs creative incentive and corporate meeting programs to introduce clients to authentic, unique experiences in Croatia. As a graduate of University of Dubrovnik, he is responsible for bid proposal management and costing, direct communication with clients, organization of the events in every detail with the coordination of all the suppliers involved. A tourism professional since 2001, Pero specializes in incentive travel in Croatian Dalmatia.
- Most proud of: The best compliment from the client at the end of the project: “We did not see you all the time, but we felt your presence all the time!”
- Favourite activity or special venue: Anything sea-related, especially sailing on the Adriatic Sea
PROJECTS INTOURS DMC IS PROUD OF
Over the years Intours DMC has demonstrated our first-class destination management services and earned the trust of numerous event planners. We have set a standard in organizing incentives, business meetings, product launches and special events in the Adriatic Region. We gladly share with you a couple of recent success stories:
- 1,400 top leaders of a global essential oils company gathered in Croatia to attend their annual recognition and training event. Guests from all over the world gathered in Split for an exclusive, expert-led training, which included also a ribbon cutting ceremony when opening a new farm and a private performance by an award-winning Croatian singer.
- For a winter incentive program in the Alpine region of Slovenia, three optional plans were in place due to not knowing, if the weather would deliver snow, rain or sun during the three-day trip for 100 top performers. After snow fell, a true winter program could take place, which enabled guests to enjoy the thrills of husky dog-sled racing, snowshoeing, ice-climbing, zip-lining and to party under the stars in igloos.
- For a group of 250 Scandinavian guests coming to Dubrovnik, Intours DMC organized the largest street dinner in the ancient city. Spanning over the cobbled streets of Dubrovnik, five restaurants worked closely together to offer guests an authentic local experience of traditional Dalmatian cuisine, accompanied by the romantic sounds of klapa singers.
PROJECTS INTOURS DMC IS LOOKING FORWARD TO
In 2016 Intours DMC is looking forward to bringing over 80 incentive and conference groups to the Adriatic Region. Among those, we would like to mention a private incentive party in Hvar town in May for about 600 guests, who will spend their days exploring the island of lavender and sun.
Slovenia will host a group of Scandinavian top performers, who will have an opportunity to spend the night in tree houses of an eco-resort and experience adrenaline activities with some wow moments in the Alpine region.
The combination of romantic Venice and Croatian Istria, a region of beauty, intriguing cultural history and world-renowned for its wine and terrific cuisine, will seduce a 100-guest incentive group in Croatia. Truffle hunting in Motovun, oldtimer rally through the rolling hills, a sailing regatta on the Adriatic, and wine and food pairing will be among main attractions for this incentive group.