11 YEARS OF RESULTS
POST-EVENT REPORT 2019
Conventa, the trade show for meetings, events and incentive travel, for the 11th year in a row gathered the representatives of the meetings industry of New Europe and event organizers from around the world. From the 23rd to the 24th of January, Slovenia’s capital was transformed into the hub of the New Europe’s meetings industry.
Conventa, organised by Toleranca Marketing and Slovenian Convention Bureau in partnership with Ljubljana Tourism and Slovenian Tourist Board, this year welcomed 132 exhibitors from 15 countries and 238 hosted buyers from 46 countries, among which 61 were Slovenian event organizers. Conventa once more kept the promise to gather high-quality hosted buyers with the real interest in the region, among which 86% visited Conventa for the first time. Ljubljana was for two days a business hub for event organizers of the New Europe region, where 4.274 One2One meetings took place.
According to the results of a survey carried out among hosted buyers and exhibitors, the 11th Conventa has been written into congress history in terms of the number of the best results from the satisfaction survey.
Here are some highlights:
- On average, hosted buyers held 29 meetings at the event.
- On a scale from 1-5, the average score for satisfaction of hosted buyers with the event was a high 4.62
- 91,9 % of hosted buyers responded that participation at Conventa exceeded their expectations.
- 86,2 % of hosted buyers stated that itinerary meet their business objectives.
- On average, exhibitors held 32 meetings at the event.
- On a scale from 1-5, the average score for satisfaction of exhibitors with the event was a high 4.38
- 100 % of the exhibitors stated that the participation met their expectations (58% absolutely, 42 % partly).
- 100 % of exhibitors would recommend Conventa to colleagues ( 65,2 % absolutely, 34,8 % partly).
- 98,5% of exhibitors think that investment in Conventa will pay off.
CONVENTA AMBASSADOR AND CONVENTA HALL OF FAME AWARDS
In addition, Conventa every year rewards extraordinary achievements in the meetings industry. With the Conventa Hall of Fame the organisers reward an individual who has with her or his extraordinary and invaluable effort made a mark and impacted the development of the meetings industry. This year the title went to the catering partners of Conventa: Vivo Catering, Jezeršek Catering, Kaval Catering, and Union Hotels. While the Ambassador of Conventa is the title that goes to an individual or company that has been a longstanding partner and the greatest ambassador of the trade show. The prestigious title went this year to the ICCA (The International Congress and Convention Association) and was collected by Elif Balci Fisunoglu, the ICCA Regional Director for Europe.