Hotels in the city centre as an excellent venue for your event and starting point for exploring
This summer will be special for destinations and cities all around the world. The upside is that many destinations are less crowded and give you more space for organizing smaller events, respecting all the safety measures and still assuring your participants have a positive experience.
Hotels in Maribor’s city centre re-opened their doors at the beginning of June, providing all the safety and health measures for their guests and staff, recommended by the Slovenian National Institute for Public Health.
A true renaissance of Maribor’s Old Town has begun in recent years with the opening of the first boutique hotel, Hotel Maribor. Surprisingly, the corona crisis did not stop any of the plans. Actually, it was the perfect time to start renovations at the Main Square, which is transforming into a beautiful pedestrian zone. All four city hotels are located within walking distance and facilities can easily be combined for larger groups. Have in mind that due to new regulations, conference capacities can only be used up to 50% and the minimum distance between participants should be 1,5m.
Hotel Maribor, situated on the Main Square is one of the most recent investments in Maribor. It comprises of two different accommodation options; the well-equipped City Apartments and the elegant Garden Rooms that are located in separate buildings. Hotel Maribor is part of the “Galerija Gosposka Group” which also owns four restaurants; Rožmarin, Steakhouse, La Pizzeria and Gostilna Maribor. The history of the main building has always been connected to hospitality and dates back to the beginning of the 18th century, when it was a well-known brewery. After WW2, it was renamed to Gostilna Koper (Koper Inn). Five years of careful renovation and attention to every historical detail ends with the opening of Hotel Maribor in 2017.
Hotel Maribor now awaits you with 13 boutique apartments (City Apartments), where tradition and stories of the past intertwine with carefully chosen contemporary design. The added value for the guests is Gostilna Maribor with genuine local hospitality. The whole concept is based on a presentation of typical traditional Styria cuisine with an urban culinary twist. Just three minutes away there is another historical building, saved from ruination and transformed into a hotel with 16 rooms (Garden Rooms 4****) with a magical zen-garden in the atrium.
Meetings & Events
Four elegant and aesthetically perfected spaces all with the daylight offer complete privacy and modern infrastructure:
- Czeike room for up to 20 persons
- Tappeiner room for up to 80 persons
- Apartma 302 for up to 20 persons
- Special venue: Apoteka (Pharmacy) is an old cellar and serves as a perfect place for celebrations
Žički dvor is a historical building from the 14th century, located on the bank of the Drava river that is being renovated and will serve as a spectacular venue for larger events and conferences.
Hotel City Maribor****
Hotel City Maribor is an attractive venue for different types of events. It charms guests with its unique location, overlooking the Drava River. The hotel provides 500m2 of meeting space and has become well known among guests for its rooftop terrace restaurant & lounge City Terasa, that not only offers beautiful views of the river, but also a top-notch culinary experience, based on Adriatic cuisine. Recently it was awarded by “The Slovenia Restaurant Award 2020” as the best hotel restaurant in Slovenia!
78 comfortable and spacious rooms including 12 suites make Hotel City Maribor the largest hotel in Maribor’s city centre.
Meetings & Events
- More than 500m2 of conference and meeting facilities, suitable for different events.
- The largest room is a multi-purpose hall City with natural light, extending over 430m2. It can be partitioned into three smaller halls. The central part of the hall has wooden flooring, suitable for dances, gala dinners and social events.
- Two conference rooms with daylight are available on the 5th Floor, together they can accommodate up to 90 people.
- In addition, a rooftop terrace with a restaurant can be a very special venue for your social event
Mercure Maribor and Ibis Styles Maribor
Mercure Maribor City Center 4* and Ibis Styles Maribor City Center 3* are owned by Terme Maribor Hotels Group. A complete renovation took place in 2018, when the hotels got rebranded under the AccorHotels brand. Mercure Maribor City hotel is still recognised as a comfortable business hotel with a smaller conference centre and a large parking lot, while the Ibis Hotel’s joyful and colourful design attracts younger and urban travellers.
- 71 rooms in the 4* Mercure Maribor City Center Hotel
- 71 rooms in the 3* Ibis Styles Maribor City Center Hotel
Meetings & Events
- Business Club Mercure can accommodate conferences with up to 95 participants. It is the only amphitheatre hall in Maribor with all the technical equipment and support.
- A comfortable conference room with a fixed U-shape table for up to 18 participants.
- Conference room for up to 40 participants with flexible set-up
- Art Coffee House; a café with a touch of art can turn into a pleasant place for receptions, round tables and other events.