The global task force that the International Association of Professional Congress Organisers (IAPCO) set up in June to support the congress and events industry in the recovery period following the public health emergency, has launched The PCO Perspective: An Advocacy Guide.
The guide was presented in the recent webinar organised by IAPCO, attended by the members of industry associations from 11 countries that are part of the task force, in which Federcongressi&eventi represents the Italian meetings industry.
“Working in close contact with international colleagues shows us how, unfortunately, there is no country in which institutions realise the decisive role played by congresses and events as drivers of research, innovation, promotion of the region and business”, comments Marica Motta, board member and Federcongressi&eventi’s representative on the IAPCO panel. “This period of a major crisis on a global scale may, however, turn into an opportunity to make governments understand the strategic and cross-sector role of our sector in the economic recovery. It is therefore fundamental that all associations and professionals act to promote the values of the meetings industry with a single voice, following the guidelines set out in The PCO Perspective: An Advocacy Guide”.
The members of the task force are:
- Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) – UK
- Association of Irish Professional Conference Organisers (AIPCO) – Ireland
- Association Argentina de Organizadores y Proovedores de Esposiciones, Congresos, Eventos y de Buros de Convenciones (AOCA) – Argentina
- Asociaciòn Uruguaya de Organizadores de Congresos y Afines (AUDOCA) –Uruguay
- Federcongressi&eventi (FCE) – Italy
- Hellenic Association of Professional Congress Organisers (HAPCO) – Greece
- India Convention Promotion Bureau (ICPB) – India
- PCO Meetings Mexico – Mexico
- Professional Conference Organisers Association (PCOA) – Australia
- Sri Lanka Association of Professional Conference, Exhibition & Event Organisers (SLAPCEO) – Sri Lanka
- Korea Association for Professional Convention Organisers (KAPCO) – South Korea