WHAT’S HOT 2014?
- 8th International Wild Flower Festival. Bohinj is known worldwide for its biotic diversity. During the festival every May and June you can take part in different thematic photographic, botanical and ornithological tours, enjoy the local cuisine and other events.
- Mountain huts and tourist farms in the idyllic alpine scenery with the authentic hospitality and local cuisine. Perfect place for a team-building, far away from the everyday noise.
- Museum of Alpine Dairy Farming, set up in an abandoned village cheese dairy, built in 1883, where cheese was still produced in 1967. In 1990, the museum was reorganised and revised. Numerous original pieces in the museum bring to life the story of alpine dairy farming in Bohinj.
- Free wi-fi in Bohinj – you can access internet in Bohinj without the password. The link first takes you to the official site of Bohinj Tourism.
- ICF Canoe Marathon World Cup in 2014 – a comeptition that is organised every year in different country will attract not only competitors from all over the world, but also the audience that will enjoy at the shores of Bohinj lake.
DID YOU KNOW?
That in 1906, the Bohinj Tunnel – one of the most important tunnels in the new railway line that connected Central Europe with Trieste – was ceremoniously opened by the heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne, Franz Ferdinand.
BEST INCENTIVE IDEA
An »old-fashioned« day in a village Studor, full of fun. The horses need to be cleaned and brushed, saddled and prepared for riding; the grass has to be mown, the meadow racked and the hay has to be put in harrows and loaded into the special sheets. The logs of wood and splinters have to be chopped, the trunk of a tree needs to be saw through, after all, the fireplace have to be done properly to prepare a traditional meal!
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”900px” height=”” background_color=”#b9e0dc” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Tourism Bohinj, Triglavska cesta 30, 4264 Bohinjska Bistrica, Slovenia, Ms. Vida Kovačič, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +386 4 57 47 590, www.bohinj.si[/dropshadowbox]