1. VILA MENEGHETTI Bale, Croatia
A truly special place in the estate is the table set under the 100 – year-old oaks with views over the surrounding vineyards. As an ensemble the estate the estate feels like an island that has been dropped onto the mainland, a place where time has stopped and you are instantly relaxed. Everything here is to an extremely high standard, but at the same time oozing genuine warmth.
3. HOTEL PUČIĆ PALACE Dubrovnik, Croatia
Contrary to what is often experienced in corporate hotel companies, at the Pučić Palace, you will be treated with special attention and a very personalised service. It is suitable for small groups of demanding guests, who will get to know Dubrovnik from a great hotel experience. If you have deep pockets this hotel definitely won’t let you down.
7. HOTEL VANDER Ljubljana, Slovenia
This urban oasis offers tranquility right in the heart of Ljubljana’s Old Town. The hotel is a modern reflection of the city and a completely new hotel experience unprecedented in Ljubljana. This is best confirmed by its recognition and classification on the prestigious list of the 154 best hotels in the world by the Conde Nast Traveller magazine.
10. HOTEL BOŠKINAC Pag, Croatia
Beautifully situated on a hill in Novalja surrounded by a dense pine forest and close to a vineyard and an olive grove, Hotel Boškinac offers carefully decorated accommodation with handmade furniture. Unwind completely far from the urban noise and enjoy the scent of pine trees, bay plants, jasmine, sage, incense, mint and fresh hay.
WHAT IS A BOUTIQUE HOTEL?
The region is experiencing a real boom of small, boutique hotels. Among them are some that are more than suitable for smaller events. In the editorial board and with the help from our readers we have selected some of the best ones based on the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 boutique guest rooms for a total of minimum 10 participants
- Small meeting room or adequate space for minimum 10 participants
- Specificity that makes the hotel a boutique one (authenticity, design, cuisine)
- Private ownership / a family business
- Excellent cuisine, selected drinks and individuality
- Special, intimate atmosphere