Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) has announced a distinguished list of experienced and diverse global incentive travel leaders from 10 countries who will serve on the SITE International Board of Directors and SITE Foundation Board of Trustees effective 1 January 2019.
“Continuity is planned and never by accident. It has truly been a joy to see such an extraordinary slate of candidates run for the SITE board. Each and every one of them deserves to be on the board and I wish we could have accommodated everyone that applied. I know SITE is in good hands for years to come and we have people ready to take on challenges in the future,” said Rajeev Kohli, CIS, CITP, SITE past-president and 2018 nominations chair.
Philip Eidsvold, CIS, CITP, senior director client services for One10, will serve as president of the SITE International Board of Directors. “The caliber of candidates that applied for the open positions on our International Board of Directors is testament to the strength, power and reach of SITE’s reputation as the voice in business events for incentive travel, the “I” in MICE. I look forward to working proactively with our new and returning board members to strengthen SITE’s reach and reputation amongst members, the industry, the business world and society at large.”
Serving with Mr. Eidsvold as officers and returning directors are:
- Immediate Past President: Annamaria Ruffini, CIS, CITP, CMP, president and CEO Events In & Out S.R.L., Rome, Italy
- President-Elect: Jennifer Glynn, CIS, CITP, managing partner, Meeting Encore Ltd & Intuitive Conferences + Events, Canada
- Vice-President, Finance & Business Development: Aoife Delaney, CIS, director of sales and marketing, DMC Network, Ireland
- Vice-President Education & Certification: Kevin Edmunds, CITP, vice-president sales, AIC Hotel Group, USA
- Member-at-Large: Eda Özden Günyüz, CIS, CITP, director of business development, MEP Destination Business Solutions, Turkey
- Daryl Keywood, CIS, managing director and ceo, Walthers DMC, South Africa
- Ellie MacPherson, CITP, sr. vice-president, Strategic Meetings + Incentives, Canada
- Anne-Marie Rogers, director meetings & incentives, Direct Travel, USA
- Julia Trejo, CIS, CMP, DMCP, director of business development, Terramar – a DMC Network Company, Mexico
Alicia Yao, CIS, general manager, IME Consulting Co., Ltd., China
- Carina Bauer, SITE Foundation President-Elect, ceo, IMEX Group & Regent Exhibitions, United KingdomžTwo new directors join the board in 2019:
- El Kwang, CITP, ceo, Untangled Pte Ltd & Business Events Asia, Singapore
- Rebecca Wright, CIS, director account operations, Creative Group, USA
John Iannini, CIS, CITP CTC, vice-president business travel meetings & events Americas, Melia Hotels International, is serving his second year as SITE Foundation President.
“The SITE Foundation is pleased to welcome Amy Riley and Brad Hecht to the 2019 trustee roster. Their expertise in the incentive space helps to broaden our reach and strengthen our mission as we continue to create compelling content to inform business professionals of the bold results incentive travel produces, and provide industry insights and education to further the careers of incentive travel professionals.”
Serving with Mr. Iannini as officers and returning trustees are:
- Immediate Past President: Rhea Stagner, CIS, CITP, division vice-president, sourcing and supplier relations, Maritz Travel – a Maritz Global Events Company, USA
- President-Elect: Carina Bauer, ceo, IMEX Group & Regent Exhibitions, United Kingdom
- Vice-President Finance: Terry Manion, executive vice-president, Meridican Incentive Consultants, Canada
- Vice-President Fundraising & Events: Anne DiGregory, director global luxury sales, Marriott International Luxury Brands, USA
- Vice-President Research & Content: Tina Weede, CIS, CITP, CRP, president and ceo, Peerless Performance, USA
- Lynn Pavony, director of incentive sales, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, USA
- Selina Sinclair, CITP, CMP, SMMC, global managing director, Pacific World, Singapore
- Kevin Regan, MBA, global director charter and incentives, Azamara Club Cruises, USA
- Hamish Reid, MICE consultant, Hills Balfour, Great Britain
Jimmy Romo, CITP, general manager specialty sales, Delta Airlines, USA
- Dana Weaver, CIS, sr. manager marketing services, GROWMARK, USA
- Chris Wheeler, executive director global incentive sales, sbe Group, USA
- Jennifer Glynn, CIS, CITP, SITE president-elect, managing partner, Meeting Encore Ltd & Intuitive Conferences and Events, Canada
Two new trustees join the Foundation board in 2019:
- Amy Riley, CEM, Senior Director of Business Sales, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, USA
- Brad Hecht, Vice President, Travel, Motivation Excellence, USA
“As the Foundation past president, it has been my honor to work with our nominating committee to find the right leaders to continue the successful momentum of the Foundation. Amy and Brad come to us as long time SITE members, very passionate about the industry as well as education and certifications for our members. I know their passion and experience will be a wonderful asset to the Foundation,” commented Rhea Stagner, SITE Foundation nominations chair.
SITE acknowledges the immense contributions of departing board members and trustees: Rajeev Kohli, CIS, CITP, joint managing director, Creative Travel Pvt., Jonathan Richards, CIS, CITP, Manager, Corporate Gifts, NW, Mexico & Europe, Maui Jim Sunglasses & Zeal Optics and Bonnie Boisner, CITP, formerly with One10. Rajeev, Jonathan and Bonnie all served with great dedication and distinction, helping to build SITE’s profile and reputation in their regions.
Board members and Foundation Trustees will be formally introduced to members during the SITE Global Conference, 11-14 January in Bangkok, Thailand.