The earliest written mention of the city of Petovio goes back to the year 69 BC. Historians estimate that at the time of its greatest flourishing in the Roman period, the city of Petovio, today called Ptuj, was home to as many as 100,000 residents while today it is home to 18,000 souls. However, the Roman period in Ptuj did not stop 2,000 years ago, but rather, the Romans in Ptuj are still very alive and healthy today and are honouring their legion commander – Marcus Antonius Primus (Primus = The First).
GRAND HOTEL PRIMUS – INTERTWINEMENT OF ANTIQUE AND CONTEMPORARY MEETINGS
In Ptuj, precisely at the place where during military consultations in BC 69 Primus had a decisive influence on the election of the new emperor Vespasian, the Grand Hotel Primus stands today.
REASONS TO ORGANISE A MEETING AT GRAND HOTEL PRIMUS
- Your meeting gets a unique added value with a Roman image and offer.
- Multipurpose rooms, which accommodate from 20 to 220 people, are available for organising meetings.
- Meeting guests can take advantage of a wellness centre and indoor and outdoor swimming pool with warm natural thermo-mineral water that relaxes and heals at the same time.
- A whirlpool, 6 saunas and spa treatments (wellness Valens Augusta) are also available.
- For the icing on the cake you can offer your business guests three presidential suites.
ROMAN DINNER AT THE POOL – INCENTIVE
Grand Hotel Primus takes its guests back in time where they can meet their ancient ancestors. Guests get their toga at the pool and learn about Roman gastronomy according to Marcus Gavius Apicius’s recipes, one of the most famous chefs of the time. Even Primus himself comes for dinner. He addresses the guests and offers them a sweet potion mulsum – a dazzling mixture of wine and honey. Masseurs, music and entertainment programmes take care of the additional relaxation of the guests.
ROMAN PICNIC – TEAM BUILDING
The famous Gemina XIII legion once camped on the greens in the vicinity of today’s Grand Hotel Primus. Even today business guests can turn into ancient warriors and try out their strength in Roman games. In various storylines they battle with the other team members, while the Grand Hotel Primus staff spoil them with food.