Ovation Global DMC is pleased to announce the launch of the Ovation wOw Awards 2019. The goal of this recognition is to select individuals, institutions or organizations whose passion, talent and expertise made the greatest contribution to the development and advancement of the MICE industry worldwide. This is the second edition of the prize. Winners will be unveiled on September 10, 2019, at the awards ceremony which will take place at IMEX America, Ovation Global DMC booth, Sands Expo Convention Center, Las Vegas.
The voting process is the following. An international judging panel consisting of Ovation Global DMC’s leadership and senior managers have selected the nominees for each of three awards’ categories:
- wOw of the wOws 2019: an individual, institution or organisation, which has highly contributed to the advancement of the MICE industry within the last 2 years by creating a favourable environment for MICE players to have an impact in their area.
- Leading Event Partner 2019: an institution or organisation, which has worked with any Ovation office within the past 2 years helping to deliver outstanding solutions and exceptional service, and has assisted in production, logistics or execution (e.g.: airlines, hotels, convention centres) .
- Leading Destination 2019: a Convention Bureau which has worked with any Ovation office within the past 2 years and has provided great business opportunities for the MICE industry by transforming existing resources to improve the legacy of the destination.
All MICE professionals are invited to vote for the winner of the first category – wOw of the wOws 2019. They can make their choice online by Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 6:00 pm CET. (Only submissions from business email addresses will be accepted). The nominees for wOw of the wOws 2019 category were selected based on their expertise and success in the industry:
- Carina Bauer, CEO, Imex Group
- Natalia Bayona, Senior Expert on innovation and Digital Transformation, World Tourism Organization
- Andreas Huber, Publishing Director, CIM Magazine
- Eric Mottard, CEO, Eventoplus
- Gilmar Pinto Caldeira, Founder of the first incentive company in Brazil and CEO, Honour Experiences
- Didier Scaillet, CIS, CEO (Chief Excellence Officer), SITE (Society for Incentive Travel Excellence)
- Melissa van Dyke, Departing IRF President and AVP, MCI USA
Voting for the Leading Event Partner 2019 and Leading Destination 2019 categories is performed only by employees of Ovation Global DMC and other MCI Group companies.
Rutger Hoorn, Vice–President of Global Sales for Ovation Global DMC noted: “This is another important milestone for Ovation Global DMC. After the refreshment of our brand last year during IMEX America, we are now inviting you to vote for one of the nominees that, according to you, have greatly contributed to the advancement of the MICE industry within the last 2 years by creating a favorable environment for MICE players to have an impact in their area”.
Cathie Cusin, Global Vice President Meetings, Events & Destination Management for MCI Group added: “Awards like this help to realize the maximum output of our day-to-day work and create the community building experience for MICE professionals. Sharing knowledge of global markets and recognizing achievements in industries development and advancement is the best way to create the future-forward mindset”.