In conjunction with Visit Malaysia 2020, Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB), an agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC) will be supporting some key business events that will take place throughout the year 2020.
To date, the national bureau has secured a total of 42 business events comprising of corporate meetings, conventions, exhibitions and incentives for the year 2020. Significantly, the events will bring in more than 65,000 delegates primarily from healthcare, telecommunications, science and technology industries, bringing in an estimated economic impact of RM645 million.
Some of the highlights of events include:
- Meetings of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers -ICANN 2020
- 19th International Congress on Infectious Diseases (ICID)
- 2nd International Medical & Aesthetic Conference and Exhibition, IMACE 2020
- ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress (WTC) 2020 and General Assembly
- 57th IFLA World Congress and IFLA2020 World Landscape Architects Summit
- 5th ASIA-PACIFIC GLAUCOMA CONGRESS
- 11th Asia Pacific Paediatric Endocrine Society (APPES)
- Biennial Scientific Meeting in conjunction with the 42nd Annual
- Congress of the Malaysian Paediatric Association (MPA)
- 13th Congress of the Asian-Pacific Society of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Disease
- Men’s Health World Congress 2020
- 30th PAN PACIFIC CONGRESS 2020
- Control World 2020
In line with the Government’s aspiration in achieving 30 million tourist arrivals, MyCEB will continuously showcase Malaysia as Asia’s Business Events Hub at several international roadshows as Malaysia is the perfect venue for business events destination. Together with the Visit Malaysia 2020 campaign happening this year, this will be the add on for the delegates to experience and will be amplified with a multitude of splendours – cultural, heritage, natural, geographical, historical alongside festivities and attractions throughout the year. Simultaneously, the campaign promises the best of Malaysia’s products and services as a compelling business events hub.
Last year, MyCEB successfully surpassed its KPI target set by MOTAC for the year 2019. As of December 2019, MyCEB has reached an additional 37% for international delegate days and an additional 19% for international delegates.
Since inception in 2009, MyCEB together with its industry partners has secured an impressive record of 1,100 international business events comprising of international conferences, corporate meetings, incentive travels and trade exhibitions which have substantially contributed an estimated economic impact of RM8.5 billion to the country.
During the same period, MyCEB provided support to 2,278 events resulting in an increase of delegate average attendance, the length of their stay and spending. This in turn directly benefited Malaysia’s local businesses and communities as well as powering the knowledge and creative economy.