A delegate confidence survey conducted by Bramcote International and the Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) amongst 350 association conference attendees has highlighted their confidence and attitudes towards attending future events.
Key findings included:
– An overwhelming 93% of respondents miss networking, social interaction, and meeting people.
– 47% of respondents are happy to attend ‘in person’ events, this rises to 75% if the individual is fully vaccinated.
– 34% of respondents want to see additional measures in place at their conference.
– 71% of respondents want flexible cancellation terms for registration fees if unable to attend due to Covid.
– 70% of respondents will be attending their next event before March 2022 (note – this is likely to be driven by the timing of their specialist conference).
– 32% of respondents will travel to the next conference by car, 43% by train, 20% by plane.
The survey was conducted by Catherine Newhall-Caiger of Bramcote International, who said: “As the events industry, we have always known that networking, social interaction and meeting people is a key driver for attending events. This Survey reinforces this well-versed mantra by clearly showing that face-to-face interactions and social connections with colleagues is top of the agenda for 93% of the Survey respondents. Our role as PCOs, Venues and Suppliers is to create meaningful networking opportunities where people are engaged, and conversations happen that can often lead to new business connections, learning opportunities, collaboration and friendships. The key to our success is understanding and listening to our audiences and using this to create the right event, at the right time for the right audience.”