The speakers emphasized the necessity of implementing measures to solve the staff crisis. As part of the forum, they also presented the results of a survey on the structure and satisfaction of Maribor tourists.
The strategy of sustainable development and marketing of Maribor envisages 15 measures to achieve strategic qualitative and quantitative goals until 2027. The set goals include:
– establishment of a participation model for destination stakeholders,
– quality qualified personnel,
– high-quality and innovative infrastructure and superstructure,
– measuring the effects of tourism,
– sustainable development and digitalisation,
– time availability of attractions,
– international positioning,
– more than 550,000 overnight stays created in 2027,
– the average length of stay was 3.2 days
The tourism vision that Maribor pursues is the following: Maribor is a world-renowned destination of the oldest vine in the world, intertwining urban pulse and green nature, that its visitors with gastronomic, active and sustainable experiences. It is the heart of cultural, sports and business events in the wider region.