NEED TO KNOW 2022
Mileva Marić Einstein is a woman who left a significant mark as a scientist and had a special love for Novi Sad. A multimedia exhibition “Mileva: we are one rock” has been set up in the City Museum of Novi Sad at the Petrovaradin Fortress, which evoked various elements of the biography of this eminent woman. This rare exhibition is a combination of the creative use of state-of-the-art technologies, new media, as well as classic artistic language. In an authentic way, the “Mileva” exhibition introduces visitors to the life story of a woman who was at the same time an outstanding mathematician, a marginalized scientist, a self-sacrificing mother, and the wife of one of the world’s greatest minds.
BEST INCENTIVE IDEA
Novi Sad is a city of diversity and in itself offers an unforgettable experience, so it is difficult to choose the strongest one. The Petrovaradin fortress is one of the most important preserved European fortifications and a symbol of the city. It was built from 1692-1780. Today it is a space where there are about a hundred art studios, then restaurants, cafes, museums, galleries… Petrovaradin Fortress is the place where the EXIT festival is held, one of the most important music festivals in Europe. We recommend you visit the underground military galleries. In the length of 1 km of well-kept corridors, you can feel the spirit of the old times and walk through the corridors that soldiers used to pass while defending the Fortress and the City from the enemy. Accompanied by a guide, you will also hear interesting stories from that period.
BEST KEPT SECRETS
Novi Sad is a fast-growing destination in the IT sector. A large number of IT experts and digital nomads are increasingly coming to Novi Sad to live and work. A large number of companies are opening and the experts from Novi Sad are gaining recognition worldwide.
The best gift you can take with you is an experience, and Novi Sad certainly offers you an unforgettable one. If you want a material gift, you can always opt for a bottle of wine from a vineyard in the vicinity of Novi Sad. Varieties such as Riesling, Frankovka, Merlot, Game, Sila, Neoplanta, Vranac, Portuguiser, Ausbruch..as well as Bermet – authentic dessert wines are famous. Bermet is made exclusively from grapes grown at the vineyards from the slopes of Fruška Gora, which is enriched with 24 to 26 types of aromatic herbs and was allegedly served on the famous ship “Titanic”.
TOP 5 EVENTS IN 2023
1. 23th Exit festival – EXIT is a multiple award-winning international summer music festival. It takes place every year in Novi Sad, Serbia, at the Petrovaradin Fortress, which many consider being one of the best festival locations in the world, and features over 1,000 performers on more than 40 stages and festival zones. In addition to the “Best European Festival” title won at the European Festival Awards in 2013 and 2017, EXIT was named the best European festival at the British Festival Awards in 2007.
2. 90th Agricultural Fair – The year 2023 is extremely important for the Novi Sad Fair – it will mark its 100th anniversary and from May 20 to 26, it will organize the 90th International Agricultural Fair, an event that has recently been labelled the Best of Vojvodina. Today, the International Agricultural Fair is the largest and most important exhibition of farmers in this part of Europe. It brings together all significant actors of agribusiness and representatives of economic branches that rely on agriculture, from Serbia and the world.
3. Exhibition of Mileva: we are a rock – The exhibition consists of a very strong visual narrative that will approach the character and work of Mileva Marić Einstein in a striking and different way. It is certainly not a classic documentary and historical presentation, but it mostly rests on artistic installations that introduce visitors to the very centre of events within the new space designed for this occasion.
4. 20th Interfest – wine festival – Novi Sad has a lot to be proud of in terms of festivals, but Interfest stands out from the others. It is the first international gathering of winemakers in Serbia, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year and is the largest festival of its kind not only in Serbia but also in the surrounding area.
5. New Year’s Eve – Novi Sad is a city whose residents traditionally celebrate two Christmases and two New Year’s Eves by adhering to the Julian and Gregorian calendars. It seems as if Novi Sad is occupied by the spirit of joy, happy moments, gift giving and receiving during the period in-between two Christmases.
MTLG EVALUATION 2022
DESTINATION FINAL GRADE
|NOVI SAD INDIVIDUAL GRADES 2022|
|Natural and cultural factors||4.62|
|General and transport infrastructure||4.69|
|ICCA index - worldwide ranking||2.80|
|Numbeo Quality of life Index||2.89|
|Numbeo Safety Index||3.74|
|ACI Airport Connectivity Index||3.65|
|Nomad List Overall Score||4.12|