1. Could you introduce yourself in two sentences – one describing you as a private and other as a public person?
Life is too short to live without leaving a trace. As private and public person I try to be positive with the motto: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. I try to enjoy my free time with my family and my friends.
2. Which are your favourite magazines from the area of tourism?
Conde Nast Traveller, Vini & Sappori.
3. Which was the last book you read and which book would you recommend to our readers?
Funky Business by Jonas Ridderstrale & Kjell Nnordstrom.
4. Which was the last event you attended?
I attended Conventa in Ljubljana.
5. Which was the last movie you saw?
Black cat, white cat by Emir Kusturica.
6. How many foreign languages do you speak?
English and Italian.
7. Who were your idols growing up and who are they today?
Spiderman, Superman, Bob Rock, Sir Oliver, Rip Kirby, Holden Caulfield from the book Catcher in the Rye, Steve Jobs, Jerry Seinfeld, Cosmo Kramer…
8. Which were your first and your current job?
My first job was as surf and sailing instructor, now I am a publisher and education event/seminar organiser.
9. What is the first thing you do when you come to work?
Check e-mail, LinkedIn, Google Analytics and Facebook.
10. What influenced your life the most? Was it a person or an event?
An event – the ECM Summer School 2005 in Malta.
11. Could you highlight your best and worse life experience?
Best: sailing in perfect wind conditions at sunset between Croatian islands.
Worse: running out of fuel in my car on an empty road at 2:30 AM.
12. What are you most proud of?
Creating Turizam Info magazine with my wife – we are proud of each single issue.
13. Which success story from the area of tourism would you mention?
Klaus Kobjoll owner of the Schindlerhof Hotel in Boxdorf, Germany. Great practitioner and a person to learn from.
14. Which marketing idea sticks out the most in the area of tourism?
The Fat Duck restaurant in London.
15. What do you miss most in Croatian and SE Europe’s meeting industry?
Better connections with businesses in the region, especially small and medium.
16. Would you share your favourite places to visit in spring, summer, fall and winter?
Spring: Opatija (my hometown), summer: Croatian Islands – on a sail boat, fall: Bologna, Montalcino, Toscana, Piemonte, Alsace (perfect food & wine destinations…) and in the winter: Livigno.
17. What do you do in your free time?
I enjoy sailing, travelling around Europe, tasting fine wines, visiting great restaurants.
18. Your life’s motto?