Conventa Best Event Award, exposing the best of the best

Organizers of mind-blowing events are once again invited to enter the competition for the Conventa Best Event Award, which will reward the best in the event business.

Evaluation of the submitted events is carried out on a three-stage basis according to a unique 80:20 model (80% of votes are contributed by the jury whilst the audience at the Conventa Crossover event contributes the remaining 20%).




Davor Bruketa, Bruketa & Žinić&Grey
Davor Bruketa is the co-owner and Creative Director of Bruketa&Žinić OM advertising agency. He is a permanent member of the New York Cresta Awards jury and was also the first jury president of the London International Awards coming from Southeastern Europe.

Patrick Delaney, Soolnua
With his business partner Pádraic Gilligan, Patrick Delaney is Managing Partner at SoolNua, a boutique consultancy firm working in the Meetings and Events industry. Patrick worked in hotels in Ireland, Canada as well as Bord Failte’s Hotel Advisory Service. He also led the sales and marketing for the Irish Tourist Board.


Elling Hamso, Event Roi Institute
Elling has spent most of his career as a senior executive in the Norwegian oil and gas industry and later as a management consultant. He started an event agency in Norway in 2000 and Event ROI Institute in 2005. He consults and speaks frequently on subjects such as ROI, events industry trends and meeting architecture.


Luca Favetta, PCMA
Since January 2017, Luca Favetta has been the Regional Business Director EMEA at PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association), the world’s largest network of Business Events Strategists, and is responsible for developing the PCMA Brand and Educational Services in the Region.

Ivo J. Franschitz, Enited
Ivo J. Franschitz owns a Master degree in International Marketing from the Vienna University of Economics. Currently, he holds a Board member position with EMBA (Event Marketing Board Austria) and with LiveCom Alliance, as well as being an active member of ICCA and of 27NAMES.


Jose Garcia Aguarod, Eventoplus
Jose is the founder of the Eventoplus Group of event and MICE related publications and events. He is an entrepreneur, trainer and speaker. Jose has been fully dedicated to the events and MICE industry for the last 18 years, as an organiser, as a final client and as a professional media publisher.

Jan-Jaap In der Maur, Masters of Moderation
Jan-Jaap is the owner-moderator at Masters in Moderation. He is a firm believer that a carefully selected moderator-facilitator will make meetings more effective, more fun and definitely more worthwhile. His dream is to raise the standard of meetings worldwide, by providing them with the best moderators.


Kevin Jackson, Livecom Magazine
Kevin Jackson has been voted the most influential person in the UK event industry. He worked with marketing groups such as Interpublic, Grey, Saatchi, Jack Morton and George P Johnson. He is using his philosophy of business growth in his new role as the Editor in Chief of Live Communication magazine.


Claudia Koehler, VOK DAMS
As Corporate Vice President, Claudia Koehler successfully coordinates the daily business of VOK DAMS Events + Live-Marketing company, together with CEO Colja Dams. Before joining VOK DAMS, Claudia Koehler was in the telecommunications industry and PCO business, where she gathered experience on impressing customers.


Stefan Kozak, Creative Pro
Stefan Kozak is the founder of CREATIVE PRO, a live & event marketing company, which developed into a  diversified group of companies, called CREATIVE PRO group focused on the Slovak and Czech market. He is in charge of business development, strategical acquisition and specific ‘live marketing’ projects.


Jens Mayer, Jack Morton Worldwide
Jens Mayer has built his career helping brands build strong relationships with the people that matter most to them, through live and digital marketing. He leads Jack Morton Worldwide’s (JMW) offices for the German-speaking market and has more than 20 years of experience in the brand experience industry.

Christian Mutschlechner 
Christian Mutschlechner is one of the leading figures of the international meetings and events industry. He has over 40 years of experience in this field and has been the CEO of the Vienna Convention Bureau (VCB) for 27 years. He has also been president of the European Federation of Conference Towns and ICCA.

Melinda Rebrek, Pirana Productions
Melinda started her career as a casting manager back in the far ’80s and worked her way up in TV, film and events production freelancing for various clients. A few years ago has embraced independency with Pirana Productions. Also, Zvereene Institute was established with a bunch of dedicated individuals and Ljubljana Fashion Week was born, going on strongly ever since.

Does your event have what it takes to take on the best?

The deadline for applications is July 15 2019.