dobrovo_castle

DOBROVO CASTLE

Built around 1600 on the foundations of an older structure, Dobrovo Castle is almost a perfect square with square turrets on each corner. Located in the Littoral region of Slovenia, the castle remains today much like it was when built. One of the square turrets was converted into a chapel dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua. The chapels hosts a permanent display of gothic frescoes, originals and copies taken from other churches in the North Primorska region.

dobrovo_castle_izgled
Photo credit: kraji.eu

Photo credit: kraji.eu

Along with the Goriška Museum branch the castle houses a restaurant on the ground floor and a wine cellar with marvellous wines from Goriška Brda. The castle is also used for temporary exhibitions, which happen in the gallery, as well as other cultural events that are held in the magnificent castle yard.

Get in touch

Grajska cesta 10, 5212 Dobrovo

Phone: +386 (0) 5 395 9586
Email: goriski.muzej@siol.net
Website: www.goriskimuzej.si

dobrovocastle_okolica

Photo credit: kraji.eu