GUARDING THE LEGEND
The Alfa Romeo Museum has been completely renovated and has become even more prestigious. The historical site in Arese has a new look and was opened to the public with a refined arrangement that reflects Alfa Romeo’s distinctive DNA. Six floors of history binding past, present and future and complimenting the achievements of an extraordinary brand, its vehicles, its technology and style.
Lines that have changed the way we imagine design; cars and drivers who set the pace for competition on the track; technologies that have redefined the standards of innovation. Beauty, speed, robustness and steady production: this is Alfa Romeo’s legacy. It’s driving passion, it’s evolution, it’s our heart.
A.L.F.A. was established in 1910 and immediately its attention was focused on the races: it debuted in the races already with its very first vehicles, then developed the futuristic and refined project of the Grand Prix 1914, whose career was stopped short only by the First World War. The first, great international victory was the 1923 Targa Florio, dominated by Ugo Sivocci with the RL: the bonnet displayed a four-leaf clover, which from lucky-charm was to become the symbol of all Alfa Romeo race cars in the future, and, from the ’60s onwards, would identify the more sporty versions of production vehicles.
Alfa Romeo has always relied on great personages and legendary endeavours, but above all on the excellent and untiring work of thousands of men and women, blue-collar workers and clerical staff. In over a century, drivers, mechanics, executives and students of the company school have written pieces of the history of Alfa Romeo – sometimes a chapter, sometimes just a few lines – driven by pride in being part of a great Brand.