After more than 15 years’ active in-market representation across China and Hong Kong, Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) will deepen its engagement with one of Victoria’s most valuable business and tourism markets with the launch of a new in-language website and popular Chinese social accounts.
Clients in China will now have all the information they need for a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime event in Melbourne – the city where creativity and innovation thrive – right at their fingertips via website and YouKu. Chinese speaking decision-makers, influencers and planners can now also communicate directly with MCB’s local team in Shanghai through WeChat.
China is the top visitor market for Meetings Incentive, Conference, Events (MICE) groups to Victoria. Over the five years pre-COVID-19, MCB welcomed 23,000 delegates from Chinese MICE groups to Melbourne injecting $100 million in economic contribution to the Victorian visitor economy.
Melbourne is a very welcoming city for Chinese visitors, offering a multitude of exclusive experiences to suit every group. What continually sets the city apart is its personalised Team Melbourne approach and MCB partner initiatives in place to adequately cater to the Chinese traveller. The new in-language website and presence on WeChat and YouKu boast relevant and engaging content; from information about MCB and its services, local knowledge to support planning a business event in the destination, to sample incentive programs, case-studies of successful programs and the latest news on Melbourne incentive travel and business events.
Key features of the new digital presence in China include:
– popular social media channels WeChat and YouKu for relevant and real-time engagement, accessible by customised QR code
– in-market hosted website www.melbourneconventionbureau.com
– in-language content and specifically translated for Chinese MICE professionals
– responsive and fast presence (tablet and mobile-friendly), meeting the requirements of how information is accessed by MICE professionals in China
– UX considered and highly visual site, rich in imagery and video including 360 virtual reality experiences
– digital destination materials such as sample itineraries and case study videos