WHAT’S HOT 2014?
- Istanbul Convention Bureau successfully hosted ECM Summer School in Istanbul – the 27th edition of European Cities Marketing (ECM) Summer School was in Istanbul at the Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul.
- Istanbul re-brands – »Istanbul: the best place to connect«: This was partly in response to the fact that Istanbul first broke into the world’s Top 10 Congress Destinations in 2010 and subsequently became the world’s number one congress destination for meetings with more than 500 delegates in 2011 & 2012 (ICCA statistics).
- New Hotel Raffles Istanbul will open in the summer of 2014 – Turkey’s first Raffles hotel will be located in Istanbul’s Zorlu Centre – a multi-use venue which will also house a performing arts centre, offices, residential property and retail outlets.
- New Hilton Bomonti Hotel was opened in 2013 – the city’s largest hotel ever.
- Istanbul named the best travel destination in the World by tripAdvistor in 2014: Istanbul was named the top destination in Europe and the world, ahead of cities such as Rome, London, Paris and New York, in the sixth annual Travellers’ Choice awards for Destinations by TripAdvisor.
DID YOU KNOW?:
British author Agatha Christie wrote her famous novel “Murder on the Orient Express” at Pera Palas Hotel in Istanbul.
BEST INCENTIVE IDEA:
Home to a diverse culture and vibrant crowd, Istanbul offers an infinite number of possibilities for incentive ideas. Having the Bosphorus dividing the city and the continents, a boat tour on a beautiful Istanbul evening promises breath-taking scenery for your guests.
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”900px” height=”” background_color=”#b5e5ee” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Istanbul Convention & Visitors Bureau, Istanbul Ticaret Odası Ek Hizmet Binası, Reşadiye Cad. No:7, Eminönü 34112 İstanbul, Turkey, Ms. Ayla Bilgiç, E: email@example.com, T: (+90-212) 522 5555, www.icvb.org[/dropshadowbox]