WHAT’S HOT 2014?
- The Zadar summer theatre festival celebrates its 20th anniversary – The programme is dedicated to stage pieces, which means visitors are able to follow a gripping plot of a theatre play one evening and enjoy a dance choreography the next.
- Event Ship Nada opened in 2013 – A multifunctional congress & event ship with seating capacity for 200 and complete conference audio and visual equipment, a restaurant, kitchen and bars providing excellent service throughout.
- Harley Davidson Days 2014 – Endless lines of the most famous motorcycles in the world and demo rides of the latest Harley models on exciting Biograd sections will demonstrate to you the meaning of owning the world’s best known motorcycle.
- Manchester – Zadar route from Ryanair – Ryanair has introduced a Manchester (UK) to Zadar (Croatia) service to its destination portfolio, launched on April 4, 2014.
- Zadar celebrating the peace treaty of 1358 – The Treaty of Zadar, signed between the Venetian Republic and the Croatian-Hungarian Kingdom, freed the Croatian coast and islands from Venetian occupation and opened a long period of social and economic prosperity of the city of Zadar, as stressed by Skunca Stanko, Guardian of the Monastery where the treaty was signed and where the original document is filed, who also emphasized the important role of the Franciscans in the achievement of peace and the signing of this treaty.
DID YOU KNOW?
That during its existence Zadar was for many centuries the home of the Ilyrian Liburni and for 1,000 years the capital city of Dalmatia. Rich in history, it is today a focal point in civilisation, and most of all a city with a clear future.
BEST INCENTIVE IDEA:
Raftmania on the Zrmanja river, the only river in Croatia that has a rafting track above the hydro plant that gives rise to varying water levels, lending the name of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ to Zrmanja! Experience an expedition down the magnificent Wild West-like canyons.
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”900px” height=”” background_color=”#538cac” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Zadar Tourist Board, Ilije Smiljanica 5 HR-23000 Zadar, Croatia ,Mr. Stjepan Felber , E: email@example.com, T: +385 (0)23 212 222, www.tzzadar.hr[/dropshadowbox]